Monday, April 11, 2011

My Mission Statement

My English teacher is making us write a 'mission statement'. No it isn't something like, "I am going to travel the world and provide children with medical assistance" or something like that. She wants one page on what life is and what we hope to pursue from life. She wants to know what I think about life and what I want to get out of it. Like how dumb is that? Not only does she want all that, but she wants to know what I will do if something terrible is thrown my way. What do you think I'm going to do? I'm going to deal with it. You don't need to know how exaclty I'm going to do that, because I don't even know how I'm going to do that yet. And I don't have a mission statement for my life because I don't want one. I live my life the way I want without anything holding me back. I never think about what I REALLY want out of my life, because what I NEED will somehow, some way, be given to me. I don't have any boundaries and I don't need a mission statement to provide those boundaries for me. I don't need to think about what life is because life just IS. It is just life;someting that is given to us and people are free to do what they want with it. She can't ask me to tell everyone what I think life is. Because no one really knows until they are dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment